Full-Time Technical Support Engineer
Sophos Overview – Cybersecurity Evolved
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will have the opportunity to support our customers and learn cutting edge technologies in the dynamic software security space.
- Provide Sophos customers with Technical Support within the defined parameters of Sophos Support Services including customers with defined SLAs, with a focus on quality and customer satisfaction, covering our Network products
- Provide advanced troubleshooting via remote sessions to modify customer’s environment towards a resolution that include, but are not limited to: Installation issues, best practice configuration, network troubleshooting, Windows, Linux, Mac and Unix OS configuration.
- Handle technical escalations within team response/resolution targets
- Ability to work weekend and on-call shifts on a rotational basis
- Provide Team Leader or Manager feedback with regards to Technical Support procedures and policies, with the goal of improving overall customer satisfaction as well as engineer efficiency
Skills & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in the IT field, including experience as a Systems/Network Administrator, or a technical support role supporting Systems/Network administrators
- Experience with security products, such as Firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti -Spam, Anti-Virus, Web Security proxies, Email Security filters, VPNs
- Experience with Linux operating systems through the command line level
- Experience with Active Directory (or any LDAP variant) group policy configuration and deployment
- Experience with cloud virtualization such as Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure
- The ability to work with complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires review
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, inspiring confidence while leading customers through the steps to resolve issues via phone, and email
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, color, age, disability or sexual orientation.
124 total views, 1 today