Part-Time Support Services Aide – BC Children’s Hospital
Support Services Aide – BC Children’s Hospital
Casual Opportunities Available
Clean, tidy and stock patient and general rooms by cleaning, moving, and maintaining patient equipment and distributing and collecting patient food trays and supplies.
What you’ll do
- Maintain patient care areas by cleaning equipment; reporting items in need of repair and delivering to service departments; and moving equipment from patient rooms and hallways such as parent and patient beds/cribs, IV pumps, commodes and wheelchairs to and from storage.
- Ensure patient care areas, procedure rooms, bedsides, unit rooms, hallways and other designated areas are clean and maintained by emptying garbage, sharps and linen containers.
- Stock and maintain supplies and equipment in nursing and patient care areas by drawing stock from department supply/utility rooms.
- Ensure that extraneous equipment and supplies are removed from bedsides and stored appropriately (including returning items to designated owners).
- Order and pick up supplies such as requisitions, mail, store items and unit-specific laundry from various areas throughout the hospital and ensure adequate amount of linen is on hand.
What you bring
- Completion of Grade 10.
- Six months of recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Operate related equipment.
- Organize work.
- Physically perform the duties of the position.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Casual
Wage: $20.15 per hour
Location: 4480 Oak St, Vancouver BC
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) bcchildrens.ca provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children from across British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
289 total views, 3 today