Full-Time Senior Waste Specialist
Morrison Hershfield is a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering and management firm located throughout the US and Canada. We are a dynamic, employee-owned, team-oriented firm with a diverse project list that ensures you will be working on exciting, high-profile and challenging projects. For more than 70 years, the people at Morrison Hershfield have been the leading force behind our continuous growth and the expansion of our services.
Morrison Hershfield provides integrated and cost effective solutions to a broad range of solid waste management challenges. Our clients are municipal, regional, provincial and territorial governments as well as private sector companies in need of reliable waste solutions. Our team is currently involved in a broad range of solid waste projects in the areas of: solid waste planning, organics management, anaerobic digestion, resource recovery, technology assessments, waste processing recycling and sorting, landfill design, extended producer responsibility, curbside collection and transfer station design.
We currently have an established and growing solid waste practice in British Columbia, the Yukon and across the prairies. In these markets we have trusted clients that continue to ask us to undertake a broad range of projects. Our solid waste team, based in Burnaby and Edmonton, is highly functional, interactive and driven to provide exceptional service to our clients.
As part of our growth strategy we are looking for a Senior Waste Specialist to join our Environmental group. We are looking for someone who can help broaden our practice, mentor team members and establish project work in emerging areas of the solid waste market. We are seeking someone with a strong reputation within the solid waste industry as well as excellent technical knowledge. Preference will be given to candidates that have proven skill sets in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Waste conversion, e.g. anaerobic digestion, advanced treatment, WTE
- Organics management
- Construction and demolition waste management and conversion / processing
- Mixed waste processing
- Recyclables processing
- Landfill gas
This role will consist of a mixture of technical, project management and business development responsibilities. Strong people skills and a willingness to manage people are key assets. This position can be located in either our British Columbia, Alberta or Ontario offices.
- Lead and manage solid waste projects
- Technical research and technology evaluations
- Economic analyses, capital cost estimates and operating cost estimates
- Solid waste planning and facility design coordination
- Business development to help grow the solid waste practice
- Write technical portions of proposals
- Report writing and peer review
- Provide mentorship and leadership to junior engineers
- Post-Secondary education in engineering
- Eligibility for registration as a P.Eng. is an asset
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading projects within solid waste management, preferably in a consulting environment
- Strong experience within the Canadian Solid Waste market
- Excellent working relationships with different levels of government
- Strong leadership and client development skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Project
- Willingness to travel, undertake site visits and meet with local government staff and politicians is required
RegularMorrison Hershfield is committed to having an inclusive and diverse workforce, with recruitment free of discrimination, ensuring all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
61 total views, 1 today