Full-Time Senior Software Developer
Contextual Genomics is a leading Canadian genomics company based in Vancouver, BC, built by world experts in the field of cancer genomics. A Senior Software Developer position is available immediately to join an exciting and growing commercial enterprise which makes next-generation cancer sequencing diagnostics widely available to patients across the globe. We develop and distribute state-of-the-art molecular tools to inform patients and their oncologists of optimal treatment strategies for their cancer.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will work within a cross-functional structure with other developers, quality assurance specialists, bioinformaticians, scientists and product experts. We’re looking for a highly motivated, reliable individual who can build high-quality software. The successful candidate will be passionate about technology and software. You will have a track record of building and shipping quality products that are aligned with customer needs and business goals.
- Build and mentor a great software team, attracting and retaining talented developers.
- Architect and design modern software products, using modern tools and development principles.
- Embrace modern development processes, including Agile and Scrum.
- Champion best practices in development, including continuous integration and deployment.
- Work collaboratively with developers and cross-functional team members.
- Actively pursue continuous learning, especially of relevant software tools, frameworks and concepts.
- Consistently write clean, readable, high-quality code.
- Participate in code review processes.
- Collaborate with quality assurance specialists to perform continuous validation and testing.
- Document designs, algorithms, code and methods.
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to code in Python and expert understanding of full-stack web development.
- Experience with Python-based frameworks like Django.
- Advanced experience with SQL-based based databases, especially PostgreSQL.
- Expert knowledge of Linux.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based products, especially on AWS.
- Experience building scalable cloud-based software applications in the Healthcare industry or biotech
- Company’s Vancouver area office.
More information on Contextual Genomics can be found at http://contextualgenomics.com.
To apply for this position: email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with job code: JD026 in the header.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
48 total views, 1 today