Full-Time Senior IT Auditor
At Aviso Wealth, we are dedicated to improving the financial well-being of Canadians. As a leading wealth management organization, we are committed to service, partnership, and innovation. Working with talented and energetic professionals who exemplify our values every day, you will quickly notice that our people and dynamic culture sets Aviso Wealth apart. If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, at a company committed to its people, find out more about what Aviso Wealth has to offer at www.aviso.ca.
We’re looking for a Senior IT Internal Auditor to join our Internal Audit team.
Reporting to the Manager, Internal Audit the Senior IT Internal Auditor is responsible for facilitating a systematic and ongoing internal evaluation of risk management, internal controls and governance processes with a focus on technology risks. As part of Aviso’s Internal Audit team, responsibilities include the planning and execution of the approved internal audit plan and other related projects, delivering the results, and providing recommendations for improvements to enhance the effectiveness of internal controls and the control environment.
This is a new position and the Senior IT Internal Auditor will contribute to the continuing development of Aviso’s Internal Audit Practices and the Quality Assurance Improvement Program.
Who you are:
- Service – You consider both internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate intent of understanding and putting the clients’ needs first. You advocate service excellence and work to deliver solutions that meet the needs. You proactively develop strategic partnerships that allow Aviso Wealth to become a trusted advisor and partner
- Execution – You are committed to achieving your goals and to succeed. This includes focusing on “getting things done”, as well as recognizing and taking advantage of opportunities as they arise. You are consistently looking for ways to improve your personal best and see value in continuous improvement. You take accountability for your actions and learn from mistakes
- Collaboration – You work collaboratively with others with the common goal of driving positive results. Making meaningful contributions to your team to achieve organizational goals is a priority. You proactively encourage collaboration, build trust and inclusion, and work to establish effective relationships both inside and outside of the organization
What your day looks like:
- Lead and conduct audit engagements and follow-up reviews as determined by the internal audit plan. These may include system control reviews of business applications and IT infrastructures, security & privacy practices, technology and data governance, etc.
- Deliver high quality work that is on time and in compliance with leading practices and IIA quality standards
- Plan, perform, evaluate, summarize and communicate activities in a professional, competent, independent and objective manner
- Communicate with management to discuss audit findings and agree upon a course of action and/or solutions to mitigate the risks
- Liaise with contracted third party auditors to facilitate effective and efficient completion of the internal audit plan
- Become a trusted business partner to key stakeholders
- Provide guidance to team members
- Propose new work approaches and methods to optimize performance in areas such as data analytics, data visualization and reporting
Your experience and skills:
- Related Bachelors or Post Graduate Degree is required
- Relevant certifications (CISA, CIA, CISSP or other applicable professional certifications) is required
- 5+ years of progressively IT internal audit experience, preferably within the financial services industry (credit union, securities dealer/broker, asset management, insurance) is required
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization, including senior management is required
- Experience with audit management software and data analytics is an asset
- Fluent communication skills in English are required and bilingual skills in French are an asset
Why Aviso Wealth?
At Aviso Wealth, you will find a dynamic and inclusive culture that rewards innovation and celebrates success.
Here are a few things that set us apart:
- Competitive compensation package that rewards and recognizes individual contributions
- Excellent health, dental and insurance benefits to meet the diverse needs of our employees
- Generous vacation time, fitness benefit, parental leave top-up options
- Matching contributions to our retirement program
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of our staff through learning & development and an education assistance program
- Regular social events to foster teamwork
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aviso Wealth welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.
Aviso Wealth is a national, integrated financial services company, with approximately $90 billion in assets under administration and management. Aviso is owned by Credit Union Centrals, CUMIS and Desjardins. Our MFDA-regulated dealer, full-service IIROC-regulated brokerage, and insurance dealer support thousands of financial advisors at hundreds of credit unions across Canada. Our award-winning online brokerage, Qtrade Investor, and our digital advice platform, VirtualWealth, give Canadians flexible choices for building their wealth. Our asset manager, NEI Investments, is a Canadian leader in Responsible Investment funds and portfolios, which are available through a national network of advisors. Aviso also provides custodial services and introducing broker services to independent financial organizations, including banks, trust companies, insurance companies, investment dealers, portfolio managers and financial planning firms. Aviso has major operations in Vancouver and Toronto, along with regional offices across Canada. More information about Aviso Wealth is available at www.aviso.ca.
368 total views, 1 today