Part-Time Senior Code Consultant
Morrison Hershfield is a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering and management firm located throughout the US and Canada. We are a dynamic, employee-owned, team-oriented firm with a diverse project list that ensures you will be working on exciting, high-profile and challenging projects. For more than 70 years, the people at Morrison Hershfield have been the leading force behind our continuous growth and the expansion of our services.
The position requires expert knowledge of the Building and Fire Codes, understanding and experience interpreting the legal context for application of Codes, strong knowledge of fire protection and life safety principles and excellent communication skills. The successful candidate will work within the Morrison Hershfield CLS team environment but as a leader for new work in the BC market, working closely with clients and with internal local staff and to build our reputation in the design and construction industry through local speaking engagements.
- Business development and sales to secure new code consulting and fire protection engineering work.
- Project management of single service code consulting and fire protection engineering projects
- Investigate application and interpretation of fire and life safety provisions of building and fire codes
- Prepare technical reports
- Assess performance of existing buildings
- Support others in design reviews, shop drawings reviews, construction site visits and verifications for various fire protection systems
- Support others in conducting site audits of fire protection systems performance, as-built conditions, and Code conformance
- Participate on project teams including other fire protection personnel, contractors and other technical disciplines for successful project delivery
- Investigate, advise, and solve unusual design problems
- Liaise with clients, prepare project proposals, and negotiate scope and project delivery
- Degree in Engineering or Diploma in Fire Protection
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in application of Building and Fire Codes
- Advanced level technical skills and knowledge of building & fire codes
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Works well with minimal direct supervision
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to direct a team
- Ability to mentor technical development of others
- Exercises independent judgment
RegularMorrison Hershfield is committed to having an inclusive and diverse workforce, with recruitment free of discrimination, ensuring all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
38 total views, 1 today