Full-Time Real Estate Financial Administrator
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on ‘Apply’ below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people’s lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
REAL ESTATE FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATOR:
The Real Estate Financial Administrator is responsible for coordinating the administration of commercial leases, BC Housing office leases, and roof-top licenses, and tracks, assesses and reports on the activities and financial performance of the various property portfolios. Provides direct support to the team on matters of taxation and property assessment issues, and advises Non Profit Housing Providers on taxation and assessment inquiries. Conducts research with the Land Titles Office, Corporate Registry, Site Registry, BC assessment, local government and other sources to support the purchase, sale, leasing and licensing of properties, and prepares reports and recommendations regarding findings. Coordinates the procurement of services from various service providers, working in conjunction with Supply Chain.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Substantial completion of a college diploma in a relevant discipline such as Real Estate Administration or Business Administration
- Completion of a certificate in accounting
- Additional courses related to real estate administration, in particular lease portfolio financial management.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive related work experience in real estate administration in a computerized environment experience
OR an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and processes associated with real estate administration and portfolio performance
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles and processes
- Good knowledge and understanding of contract law, legal agreements, legal instruments and registration processes with respect to real estate
- Good knowledge and understanding of business tools, templates and processes to support real estate administration functions
- Knowledge of and expertise in enterprise applications such as JDE, Oracle, and proficiency in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, MS Word and MS Project
- Ability to read land surveys and other site drawings
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team in a fast paced deadline oriented environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with a broad range of audiences
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and drive them through to completion; work under pressure in meeting deadlines and changing priorities; and find and implement creative and practical solutions to problems
- Strong research, analytical, problem solving, conceptual thinking, planning and organizational skills
- Strong mathematical aptitude and excellent attention to detail
- Possession of a valid BC Driver’ License
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we’re committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
45 total views, 1 today