Full-Time Mechanical Design Engineer – RICHMOND, BC
Mechanical Design Engineer, Richmond, BC
Who we are looking for:
Haakon Industries is a rapidly expanding, client-focused, manufacturer of custom air handling equipment. We have developed a reputation for quality that has many of North America’s largest companies asking for our products by name. Haakon designed and manufactured equipment is used in hospitals, pharmaceutical laboratories, microchip manufacturers, universities, automotive manufacturing plants, and many other institutional, industrial, and commercial facilities. We strive for excellence by continuing to invest in our facilities, product and most of all, people.
The successful candidate will join our design team and be relied upon to produce accurate and complete fabrication designs for our air handling equipment. We provide exhaustive on the job training to allow our new engineers to grow quickly and excel. New graduates or students in their final year are welcome to apply.
- Design custom air handling equipment using in house software, parametric Inventor modules and other software such as AutoCAD and ANSYS
- Work with our applications engineering team to implement customer specifications
- Provide technical support to our production staff
- Complete research and development projects geared toward product development and improving our design process
- Produce structural and sheet metal designs
- Produce water and refrigerant piping designs
- Produce electrical and controls designs
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Well organized with good attention to detail
- Creative problem solver with good spatial reasoning
- Technically proficient in design and prototyping
Familiarity with AutoCAD, Inventor, ANSYS and Excel is a plus
New graduates or students in their final year are welcome to apply. Comprehensive on the job training will be provided.
We pride ourselves on providing a great environment for our employees by offering flexible work hours, and the ability to choose your own projects and take on more responsibility. Our people love coming to work every day. With over 15 Professional Engineers on staff, Haakon has one of the best environments for a starting EIT. Our turnover is almost non-existent and the majority of our people have been at Haakon for their entire careers!
If you are interested in joining an entrepreneurial company who respects their employees and encourages and rewards initiative and success, we want to hear from you. Please submit your application using the form above.
201 total views, 1 today