Full-Time Infection Control Nurse (RN)
|Job Title:||Infection Control Nurse (RN)|
|Work Site:||Infection Control, Richmond Hospital – Richmond, BC|
|Status:||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$42.25 – $51.78 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as an Infection Control Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Infection Control Nurse to join the Infection Control Department. Apply today to join our team!
As an Infection Control Nurse at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide leadership and expertise related to the surveillance, prevention, and control of infection in the hospital and associated out-patient settings.
- Conduct surveillance, analyze data and make recommendations to improve the effectiveness of existing practices or procedures
- Act as a resource for nurses and other health care providers in the hospital and community and provide clinical leadership on interdisciplinary teams in addressing infection prevention & control issues through consultations, continuing education, and other presentations.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, educators, and other health care professionals/providers to achieve excellence in client centred care, education and research.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver’s North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Three (3) years’ recent, related acute care clinical nursing experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience; and certificate of completion in an IPAC-Canada (Infection Prevention and Control) approved basic course in infection prevention and control.
- Current CBIC Certification in Infection Control (CIC) or expected certification within two (2) years of start of employment.
- Ambulatory Experience Preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing science theory and practice within a client centred care model.
- Comprehensive knowledge of BCCNP standards for nursing practice.
- Broad knowledge of hospital policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with others in a consultative/collaborative method.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to develop educational programs and material.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member, leader and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities on own and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use database management software (data entry and analysis) and computerized patient care information systems.
- Physical ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Need help finding the right job?
616 total views, 1 today