Full-Time Electrical Engineer
Morrison Hershfield is a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering and management firm located throughout the US and Canada. We are a dynamic, employee-owned, team-oriented firm with a diverse project list that ensures you will be working on exciting, high-profile and challenging projects. For more than 70 years, the people at Morrison Hershfield have been the leading force behind our continuous growth and the expansion of our services.
Morrison Hershfield provides integrated engineering solutions to institutional, industrial and commercial clients with a focus on transit, waste management, higher education and complex process buildings and facilities that require reliable and cost effective infrastructure for both new and retrofit solutions. The combined skills of our engineers, technicians and support personnel with their diverse backgrounds in design and construction provide clients with a team recognized as leaders in the field. Morrison Hershfield’s Buildings and Facilities Engineering Group has earned an exceptional reputation through its multiple multi-disciplined projects in numerous industries in Western Canada.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to complement our skilled team in the Vancouver office. This person will lead the electrical design team within the Buildings and Facilities Group in Vancouver, provide oversight and take responsibility for the team’s project delivery results, work directly providing operational and technical direction to the electrical team, and drive a culture of business development and market awareness for the electrical engineering services offered by the group.
- Prepare electrical construction drawings and specifications in conjunction with our in-house mechanical, architectural, and civil/structural design teams
- Prepare designs for electrical, utility-provided power distribution, standby power distribution (UPS & generators), lighting, lightning protection, operational and monitoring control systems, mission critical facility grounding, and fire alarm conceptual systems under senior direction
- Document study progress/results through the preparation of memos, minutes and reports as a record of events
- May provide technical support in client meetings
- Conduct site visit surveys of buildings for the purposes of collecting design information related to electrical service, fire alarm, grounding and lightning protection as they relate to data center or telecommunications facilities
- Prepare field information documentation of site visit surveys
- Review shop drawings and equipment submittals for compliance with data center or telecommunications facilities construction document requirements
- Provide field construction management support (inspections, punch list generation, and project close-out)
- Adhere to corporate quality control and assurance processes for all electrical design work
- Provides oversight and primary design expertise for “Buildings” related electrical engineering assignments and the electrical team’s associated deliverables
- Provides leadership to the electrical design team consisting of Junior/Intermediate Engineers, EITs and Designers/support staff
- Manages ongoing workload within the electrical team to ensure adequate resourcing for ongoing projects
- Solves complex design problems where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation
- Responsible for certifying professional work on projects
- Works with the Business Development Manager to develop proposals for the electrical engineering services provided by the team
- Works with and supports the Buildings and Facilities Department Manager to ensure the electrical group aligns with the overall business objectives for the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Registration in Canada as a P.Eng.
- Minimum 6 or more years of experience with electrical systems, preferably in the consulting engineering industry
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2006 with ability to effectively communicate design intent to CAD staff
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) applications
- Lighting design software knowledge is asset
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills; foreign language(s) a plus
- Proven ability to work exceptionally well and efficiently in a team environment with a proven strong customer service commitment
RegularMorrison Hershfield is committed to having an inclusive and diverse workforce, with recruitment free of discrimination, ensuring all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
46 total views, 1 today