Temporary Content Writer
A major, multi-year Web Presence Renewal project is underway to complete a redesign of the Royal Roads University website and its content by 2023.
The Royal Roads website is a critical marketing and communications tool and a major avenue for presenting Royal Roads University to the world. It is also a critical tool for student recruitment. The successful completion of this project will positively impact the university’s profile and reputation, and improve the user experience for thousands of prospects, students, faculty and staff. It will allow for the positioning of Royal Roads’ digital experience as a leader in the post-secondary sector.
Content writers will be responsible for supporting this project through writing and editing compelling web content that maintains a cohesive voice and aligns with the university’s style guide. This position will work collaboratively with the marketing and communications teams and their writers. They will work on a content schedule with a content manager to produce, revise and complete drafts to deadline.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (journalism, creative writing, communications, English) or comparable work experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience writing and editing web content
- Some experience writing content for higher education preferred
- Some familiarity with Royal Roads’ learning model and programs
- Demonstrated writing proficiency with a portfolio of work including web content
- An ability to write and edit compelling content that is active, concise and engaging
- A professional, responsive and positive approach to work and constructive criticism
- An eagle eye for grammar and spelling
- An ability to adhere to university guidelines for voice, style guide and readability goals
- An ability to work effectively and collaborate closely and with a content manager and team to understand deliverables and work to deadline
- Able to take initiative and to work independently
- Excellent time management skills, including prioritizing and adapting as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
54 total views, 1 today